If you have a service that takes money from your consumers at the front desk then you should have a good and robust point of sale software package, or POS as it is sometimes called.
The reasons are quite basic.
1. Many items today have bar code labels connected to them. This implies that the product can be fed into the sales invoice via an upc code scanner. There are numerous advantages in doing this.
As the item is scanned into the point of sale software application, or p.o.s., the item is instantly recognized by the software application. The sales individual is not fumbling around looking for the proper product code, the correct product is charged for because the sales individual isn’t really provided the chance of picking the incorrect item from a price list.
2. You have a computerized reporting system that informs you exactly what has actually been offered and for how much and the cash in the money drawer can be quickly reconciled to this.
3. Your stock control is dealt with instantly for you. You understand at a glance exactly which items you are short on and need to purchase along with which items are not offering very well.
4. There is less opportunity with a point of sale system that your personnel can give special costs to their friends, or in fact whether they charge at all, thus decreasing theft of stock. There are workers that see minor stock theft as a perk to increase their take home pay. In fact there are even those that seem to think it is their right.
5. With a sales docket that a lot of point of sale systems will produce your client has a professional looking invoice for the transaction and, consequently, improving your business image.
6. Point of Sale software (P.O.S.) will keep track of any tax implications involved in the sale which will decrease your work in doing manual estimations.
When picking a point of sale system you need to be extremely careful of a number of aspects –
* Is the P.O.S. suitable for your market
* Is it easy to use or will you have to provide brand-new personnel substantial and pricey training
* Does it track and keep record of all sales history so that you can view your daily transactions or is it simply a receipt producing system
* Does it have a back workplace accounting system that it links up to or will you have to amny post the outcomes on a daily basis
* Does it have the facility to use a bar code scanner and will it open a cash drawer at the suitable time. It is important that access to the cash drawer is secure and that it can not be opened at any time without the opening being taped
* Does it record various kinds of payment such as cash, numerous charge card types, account client payments and so on. This is necessary so that when you are balancing the money at the end of the day you need to now exactly what worth of sales was paid for by non cash methods
* Is it needed for your Point of Sale system to be able to process account consumer payments. For that reason having additional money of one kind or another in the cash drawer without the suitable sale
There are some other security problems that likewise have to be thought about when selecting a POS software application system among the primary ones being – after a sale has actually been made and the client has left the facility is it possible for the sales individual to manipulate the sale to make it look like a lesser worth sale and by doing so swiping a few of your cash.
Point of sale software ought to be able to activate a cash drawer when the sale is made as well as produce an in-depth receipt for the customer. In some nations it is required by law that these receipts also provide details of the tax that has been charged.